Victim and Witness services
Compass House is a facility in Kent which provides and coordinates services for victims and witnesses of crime.
Among the staff working at Compass House are teams from the Victim Support charity and the Kent Police Witness Care Unit.
The long-term aim is that Compass House will provide integrated services to victims and witnesses of crime, which includes help, advice and support to improve the experience of going through the criminal justice system, in partnership with agencies across the county.
Compass Points are Victim Support helpdesks located around the county, enabling victims of crime to access support in the local community.
- Drop in to register with the support service
- Attend pre-booked support sessions
- Get help and advice from trained Victim Support staff and volunteers
- Receive tailored support from someone with knowledge of the services in the local area
- Receive safety items such as personal alarms and home protection devices
- Access the service without reporting a crime to police